[lug] debian

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Oct 14 17:14:06 MDT 2003

Paul E Condon wrote:
> Beware! Testing uses a different version of libc6 from Stable. It is
> very hard (impossible?) to mix packages between stable and testing, this time.

There's also a change in the Perl package.

I've actually rebuilt my system from unstable, but against the
stable libc and perl.  Most packages compile without problems (or
only require a pro-forma override), but you have to rebuild your
tools as well and at the end of the day my system has well over
1000 packages (normally only 600 or so on that system) and the
build partition takes something like 6GB.