[lug] mozilla hostname resolution

Dan Urist durist at frii.com
Wed Oct 22 10:33:29 MDT 2003

Warren Sanders wrote:

> If you close/restart Mozilla and be sure the process is dead too... you
> shouldn't have problems.  Mozilla will cache addresses during it's
> session.  I to have seen this and it's been there for some time now.

That's what I've been doing, but it's a real pain to have to quit and
restart mozilla every time I disconnect/reconnect to frii.

It also doesn't make sense to me, since presumably the addresses don't
change (or not frequently, at least); why can't mozilla reconnect to the
same website once I've reconnected to my ISP? And why does it fail to
resolve new addresses? I haven't confirmed this except by watching the
lights on my modem, but I think it's not even trying to resolve against
my ISP's DNS servers.

--
Daniel J. Urist
durist at frii.com