[lug] Linux replacement for Dreamweaver 2004

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Oct 22 17:38:49 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 17:30, Glenn Ashton wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's something that runs on Linux that is free or open
> source and has both graphical and text web site editing like Dreamweaver
> MX 2004.

Screem http://www.screem.org/ I think is intended as just that. I tried
it a few years ago and couldn't get it working. But I'm sure it's
progressed a lot since then, they claim PHP function reference and XML
editing now, so I know they've been working on it.

bluefish http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/ is also a good one, but it's
more like a Homesite clone. I've been mirroring for them for a couple of
years and traffic is pretty constant. The dev list is very active as
well.

HTH,

John

--