[lug] Linux can use Windows drivers shock

Chan Kar Heng karheng at softhome.net
Mon Oct 27 07:46:23 MST 2003

>It's also worth pointing out that a fair amount of the instability of
>Windows has been reported to be due to crashy third-party hardware
>drivers.  I can't vouch for the fact myself, but if it rings true at
>all, we're better off without them anyway.  We want more eyes on the
>crash-prone parts of the system.

<... etc etc & lotsa goodies snipped>

mostly agree with a lot mentioned.

otherwise, my idea is just to create awareness that all is not lost
if there're no linux native drivers (and no way of engineering
or reengineering it). nothing more.

i'm neutral with regards to the contents of the article.

rgds,

kh