[lug] RH9 okay - GNOME 2 not - my yearly bitch about upgrading.

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Oct 30 21:36:13 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 23:04, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> Note - I'm just blowing off steam into the ether.  Be gentle when you
> thrash me with the wet noodles.

Hi Michael,

If its any consolation, I'm running Enlightenment on RH 9.  I sort-of
like metacity but I'm just plain more comfortable with E.  And I agree
that the default Gnome WMs seemed to get more dumbed-down recently.  Its
annoying.  But maybe less bells and whistles is somehow easier/better
for those doing support for the more "average" desktop users?  Whatever
the reasons, I'm not thrilled.

Anyway, if you want, I can try to locate the RH 9 Enlightenment RPMs
that I used.  I either built them from SRPMs or got them pre-built from
Sean.  [Thanks again to Sean for all those RPMs!]

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com