[lug] Local vendor for SUSE 9.0?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Oct 31 14:55:01 MST 2003

Two words of caution:

Many of the CompUSA employees don't know much about computers and may
not even know what Linux is ;)

SuSE 9.0 is a very nice upgrade with lots of nifty new features and
hardware support.  However, I did find a bug when upgrading systems:

Certain user settings that are stored in the .xxx files get kde upset
and can even wreck the file system.  I had to do an fsck (even on
reiser) on two of the systems I upgraded so far.  I still don't know
what exactly brings this about - but be careful and backup your user
data before the upgrade.

Ferdinand

--On Friday, October 31, 2003 08:35:52 AM -0700 Gary Hodges