[lug] Fedora 1, KRUD 10? and Novell/SuSE

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Nov 5 16:01:42 MST 2003

This seems to be a week for Linux transitions.

I see on LWN that Fedora Core 1 has been released.

Will Fedora eventually be the basis of a new KRUD version?
(After looking through the release note, I think that if Fedora was still
called RedHat it would warrant a 9.1 version number, not a 10: there don't
seem to be drastic changes yet.)

It will be interesting to see what the two big distributions, and the Linux
landscape in general, look like 6 months from now.

At least it gives the community something to gossip about besides SCO.

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction