[lug] SuSE v9.0 mouse strangeness

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 6 15:25:38 MST 2003

A colleague has v9.0 installed and has experienced strange mouse
behavior twice now.  She has a wireless trackball that is hooked into
one of those boxes that allows two PCs to use one monitor, keyboard and
mouse.  This set up worked fine with Red Hat 7.2.  I installed SuSE on
her machine two days ago.  She is using KDE.

When the problem occurs the mouse pointer keeps warping back to the
bottom left corner of the screen.  If you try to move the mouse away
from the corner it will at some point warp back to the bottom left.  If
you keep doing this you end up openning lots of windows.  Its like you
might expect would happen if you repeatedly left clicked around the
panel and start button while moving the mouse pointer around.  I was
never able to move the mouse further than about mid-screen before it
would warp back to the lower left.

If you're careful and go slowly, you can log off.  This "fixes" the problem.

Cheers,
Gary