[lug] [LongNet] that last step - Linux & wireless (fwd)

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:33:07 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 18:17, Bob Collins wrote:
> Clark I am forwarding this to the Linux User Group.  I recommend your
> friend join the group or at least monitor this forum.  Much of learning
> about Linux is learning how to use the vast array of help that is a part
> of Linux.  You won't get far if you don't learn about it.
>
> Bob
>
> Bob,
>
> This is from a friend, from the LongNet job search group, that is
> starting
> up a company,
>
>                 Clark Anderson

The initial thing to check is that there is a listing for the card in
the file /etc/pcmcia/config.  With redhat 8.0 I had to add a listing for
my card and then things worked mostly well (I didn't have to download
drivers).  When I upgraded to RH 9 things worked flawlessly (all that
was really needed in my case was an upgraded kernel driver).

Hugh