[lug] a rather different view of the rh thing (a bit about sooze also)

Scotty Allen scotty at scottyallen.com
Sun Nov 9 14:53:05 MST 2003

> It seems to
> me that Evolution can be a faithful clone of Outlook, or an excellent
> e-mail program, but not both. I've never looked at Evolution so I can't
> tell which it is. Does it really clone the Outlook security model?

Hi Paul,

I really like evolution.  It's _does_ have a fair amount in common with
outlook, in the sense that the interface has a fair amount of
similarities, but that's where the similarity ends.  It has additional
features outlook doesn't have, such as virtual folders (sort of like
filters that are folders), and outlook has features evolution doesn't
have, like MAPI support.

Everyone I've heard that's called evolution an outlook clone hasn't
every really used evolution:)

However, having said that, I do have the occaisonal evolution stability
issue (mainly just lockups).  But I haven't had any of the typical
outlook security crap.

-Scotty

--
Haiku's inventor