[lug] postgres question

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Thu Nov 13 06:51:17 MST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:09:59AM -0500, Hugh Brown wrote:
> [...]
> is tedious.  I falsely assumed that
>
> GRANT { { CREATE | TEMPORARY | TEMP } [,...] | ALL .....
>
> meant that I could do a grant on DATABASE dbname and have all
> tables,views,sequences, etc. automatically get their privileges
> updated.  Postgres is version 7.3.2 (built from the redhat rpms for rh9
> I believe).

Yes, that's a nasty bit of postgres' security implementation.
An, unfortunately, it's not possible to replace the relation
name with a subquery (the query parser will grok on "GRANT ALL
ON (SELECT relname FROM pg_class ...").

Tell me if you find a workarround, i was bitten by that myself
a few times.

  Ralf Mattes