[lug] Linux NFS server, Solaris client

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Fri Nov 21 10:16:30 MST 2003

I am running out of ideas of why this doesn't work..

- All the appropriate daemons on solaris are running..
- Other linux machines can mount the linux nfs shares
- Solaris can nfs mount other Solaris machines.

I get a 'Permission Denied' Error when trying to mount linux-based nfs
shares.

I have this problem on two solaris machines.. one was just upgraded to
Solaris 9.. the other is running Solaris 7.

Thoughts?

Michael R. Belanger                     http://www.ambientblue.org
Freedom through Chaos                   Yahoo!:  darthwonka
                                         MSN:     mrbelanger at hotmail.com
                                         Jabber:  mrb at jabber.ciclops.org

"Now, so you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far.
Every soul is worth saving, at least to a priest, but not every soul is
worth buying; so you can take the offer as a compliment."
                                             --William S. Burroughs