[lug] Linux NFS server, Solaris client

Grep Ergo Sum - I grep therefore I am dwh at surfingpenguin.com
Fri Nov 21 10:41:14 MST 2003

> I get a 'Permission Denied' Error when trying to mount linux-based nfs
> shares.

Does showmount -e hostname show that the file system is being exported?

If you:

   snoop -o /tmp/snoop.out <linux>

then snoop -V -i snoop.out nfs

   Do you see any clues in the snoop trace?

   I ran into NFS problems from a laptop between Solaris and Redhat until
I turned off Redhat's "security level" thingie.  I don't know what it
does behind the scenes, but it was apparently filtering RPC.

   From Solaris:

   mount -o vers=2

has frequently been a fix for other NFS-related problems.  Worth a try.

                                          Dave

Dave Hagerty
... and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
Isaiah 19:9 (KJV)

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it
said 'Requires Windows 98 or better'. So I installed Linux."

"There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the
credit." - George C. Marshall