[lug] December's BLUG Talk

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Nov 22 10:58:47 MST 2003

Paul E Condon wrote:
> Maybe you lack the crucial qualification: an ability to AK the
> pointy haired boss.

More likely the HR person screening the resumes.

> In my opinion, the word professional is often
> used to mean an ability to put up with incompetent management.
>
> Just my $.02

That's always been the case with the "embedded" IT jobs... and I
think it's an appropriate qualification in that environment.
Unless the company is an IT company there's no reason for the
management to have more than a passing familiarity with IT issues.