[lug] Comcast internet installer

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:49:55 MST 2003

Yeah, we (DSL'ers) have our own set of problems.

I guess it's hit or miss, no matter what (where) you go.  With my DSL
problems, after going through the "answer book" (the phone techs are a
whole nother issue), they scheduled a service tech.  He shows up, and
walks me through EVERYTHING we had done over the phone.  Then he puts
his test set on the line and says, "Well, it trains up." (I knew that
already, the DSL modem had trained up too).

After about an hour, he called a buddy who had a Cisco 678 and a laptop.
  About an hour after that, the problem was fixed (turns out it was
either a bad port on the Stinger, or a bad T3 card in the CO).

Viggy