[lug] Weird Mailman Issue

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 14:22:30 MST 2003

I think that I just figured out my problem and i feel really stupid for
making such a big deal out of it.  Trouble is, I still don't know how
to make it work like I want it to.

The program is actually doing what it is supposed to do.  When I enter
my email address on the listinfo page and click the "Unsubscribe or
edit options" button, it takes me to a page where I'm supposed to
supply my password and log in so that I can edit options, click the
unsub button, or remind me of my password -- the "user login page."
What i'd like however, is for people to not have to enter a password,
or to not have a password automatically created when i mass subscribe
them.  Is there just an option somewhere that designates this?  or is a
password always required?  Or is there a way to edit the user login
page so that it only shows the unsubscribe button?

thanks,
ryan