[lug] Microsoft charging fee for each digicam made

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Dec 8 12:56:46 MST 2003

I would expect them to also enforce a patent fee for Linux since it can
read
and write fat.  FreeDOS, BSD, oter OSs use it also.  So we either all
need to
pay a MS patent fee for the OS or for the product (each floppy disk,
Flash
memory, ...).

It appears that this could be very far reaching - much beyond the
digicams.

Ferdinand

--On Saturday, December 06, 2003 06:55:45 PM -0700 "Timothy C. Klein"

<snip>