[lug] Database design tools?

Michael Wegener mwegener at knowledgefactor.com
Mon Dec 8 15:35:58 MST 2003

A nice compromise between PHB needs and your own might be TOra, although it
may be oracle-only, not sure. http://www.globecom.se/tora/. It's not a real
design tool per se, but it has some great design features and should be in
any oracle toolbox.

I've never used any of the high-powered tools, but I've heard most (and
mostly good) about embarcadero. THey have a free trial
http://www.embarcadero.com/downloads/downloaderstudio.asp

At the risk of provoking the wrath of this list, I have often used M$ Access
GUI design to hack tables and dependencies, then exported to text to make
real SQL DDL.

Best of luck

--M