[lug] Linux Thin Clients

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 17:05:50 MST 2003

BLUGers,
    I'm looking to transform about 200 some odd Dell GXI model PC's
into thin clients to connect to a Windows Terminal Server.  I've seen
various linux based solutions that are appealing.  I'm wondering if any
of you have experience with this type of setup and might offer any
suggestions. The aim is to do this transformation without having to
purchse a bunch of software licenses.  The GXI's are basically Pentium
133 or 166 machines with a max of 32MB of ram and maybe 2GB HDD's.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
Matt