[lug] RPM System Package

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Sun Dec 14 16:33:23 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm thinking about building an rpm package for one of my RHL 9
boxes. The idea is to package up all my important system and
application files such as /etc/sysconfg/*, httpd.conf, main.cf,
amavisd.conf, etc.

This way, if I ever loose the box I can easily install this RPM
on a rebuilt system and get it's old configuration back. Also,
I'd just like to build an RPM for kicks. Any recomendations from
those who may have done something similar?

I'd like to script the rpm build process so if I change any config
files I can easily rebuild the rpm. Thanks.

	--joey