[lug] kpilot and Zire 21

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Dec 17 15:54:14 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 18:02, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh wrote:
> I've tried configuring kpilot to use ttys0 or ttys1 without success.
> That doesn't really surprise me :-), but the documentation said those
> I've got zero experience with USB devices, so any and all suggestions/
> enlightenment will be welcome.

If the Zire is a USB device then you won't be using ttyS0 (should be
uppercase "S" for serial ports) or ttyS1.  Those are for serial
connected devices.  USB ports are different.

If you show no USB devices in /proc/usb then you probably don't have USB
running.  Check /var/log/messages after a reboot (or perhaps dmesg - I
can never remember when dmesg gets updated, I always use "messages" for
this).  If not, you'll need to start by getting USB up and running.
There are some good docs on USB out there, but I'm at work and can't
reference them right now.  I had to get USB working to write an article
on scanners at one point about a year ago - info should be similar
today.  I can dig it up when I get home if you still need it.  Ping me
with a reply if you do.

FYI - I was still using the older version of pilot-link (0.9.xx, I
think) with my original Palm Pilot and XNotesPlus till just recently.
However, I sat on it the other day while xmas shopping and broke the
touch screen.  *sniff*  It was a good lad, lo' these last 5 or so
years....
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>