[lug] inetd needing istate var

Michael Wegener mwegener at knowledgefactor.com
Thu Dec 18 18:29:29 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to dump a switch config backup script to a tftp server. I've
uncommented out the tftp line in inetd.conf, but when I try to start
inetd, it says it can't find the ISTATE variable. I just did this a
couple of days ago using the same method with no problem (well, no more
than the usual problems), but the one known difference is that I
rebooted the machine because it had an out of control mibiisa (SNMP)
process that was doing nothing but chewing up cpu cycles.

Anybody know where I'm supposed to set this variable? Or what could have
changed in a reboot that I should be concerned about, because I know
it's been rebooted a few times

--M