[lug] Question on allowable posts to BLUG

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Dec 19 10:07:50 MST 2003

Chris Riddoch wrote:
[...]
>>I am a program manager in the Microsoft networking group, doing some
>>research around how we can improve our operating systems. My goal is
>>to help us identify capabilities, improvements, and features that
>>Microsoft should be focusing on to help our customers over the next
>>5 years or so.  I am particularly interested in hearing from Linux
>>users, and get their input about what they feel should be
>>priorities.

GPL the code and they can post anything they want to the list.

I don't think this list is "to help our [MS] customers".  Just say no.

I use Linux because it is free (as in freedom).  Like the IBM commercial
says, "what he learns, we all learn."  So the GPL is the only feature
I'm interested in adding to Windows.

If MS wants input from Linux users, why haven't they asked through their
MS lists?  They have my name down for several products through my office
and they've never said (e.g.,) "Hey!  Are any of you MSDN subscribers
Linux users?  If you are we want your input."

They can leave BLUG alone.

Dave