[lug] Setting values in IP headers

Budyanto Himawan budyanto_himawan at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 15:15:44 MST 2003

Thank you. Yes the source for netfilter or even iptables would be a good place to look.

John Hernandez <John.Hernandez at noaa.gov> wrote:
This can be done with Linux netfilter, for example 'iptables -j TOS
--set-tos '. Run 'iptables -j TOS -h' to see a list of possible
values.

I'm not sure how this is implemented in C, but the netfilter source
might be a good place to start.

http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/

Budyanto Himawan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if it's possible to change values to some fields
> in the IP headers (in particular the TOS field)? Is there a c function
> that can achieve this?
>
> I'm trying to see if I can control the TOS fields of ip packets going
> out of my linux box.
>
> Thanks

| John Hernandez - NOAA Boulder NOC - 303-497-6392
| Mailstop R/OM62. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305
| PGP Public Key ID: 586A7E23

Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

Budyanto Himawan
budyanto_himawan at yahoo.com