[lug] Question on allowable posts to BLUG

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Dec 20 20:04:35 MST 2003

<horse type="dead" action="beat">

>>>My goal is
>>>to help us identify capabilities, improvements, and features that
>>>Microsoft should be focusing on to help our customers over the next
>
> I've gotta question the integrity of a request which claims that the
> best way they can think of to reach their customers is by posting on
> Linux-related mailing lists.

I think it's a fair question why the widely published reasons why
people select Linux over Windows is being ignored.  Linux
supporters are hardly shrinking violets about why they're going
against the flow.

But if our main concerns (security, configurability, adherence to
standards/interoperability) are off the table I don't see what we
could say that would be of interest to them... or how we would
find any value in what's ultimately offered.

</horse>