[lug] Question on allowable posts to BLUG

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Sun Dec 21 23:31:07 MST 2003

Jeff Schroeder wrote:

>Those of us who read Slashdot (everyone?) probably noticed an article
>about exactly this thing (long link, sorry):
>
>http://www.newsforge.com/
>os/03/12/21/1546240.shtml?tid=11&tid=2&tid=82&tid=94
><snip>

The link to the posting on ./ is

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/12/21/1655257.shtml?tid=106&tid=109&tid=185&tid=187

Some of the answers are quite clever, like sending a reply saying that
the LUG will be glad to answer questions if paid for them as a
consultant, but the one I like best was a countersurvey by Nova Express:

Question 1: Do you think Microsoft should be:
A. More evil
B. Less evil
C. Microsoft is just the right amount of evil right now.

Question 2: Concerning how much the next version of Windows should steal
from Macintosh OS 10.3, Windows should:
A. Steal more from Apple
B. Steal a lot more from Apple
C. Still every single element of OS 10.3
D. The current crappy, half-assed ripoff of OS X is currently sufficient
for all my computing needs.

Question 3: Next year, how many Windows-specific viruses would you like
to receive in e-mail:
A. The same amount as now
B. More
C. A whole lot more
D. I have a Windows box still sending out copies of SoBig at this very
moment.

Question 4: How large would you like the next Windows security hole to be?
A. Large enough to accommodate a small dog.
B. Large enough to drive an SUV through.
C. Large enough to drive a Mack truck through.
D. You know that huge crawler thing NASA uses to take the space shuttle
out to the pad? Yeah, that big.

Question 5: C'mon, be serious. How much for your soul?
A. Already sold mine.
B. An Xbox with the complete library of available games.
C. 10000 shares of Microsoft stock.
D. Natalie Portman
E. CowboyNeal