[lug] Kernel options for large file support -- more info

Gregory W. Seker sekerg at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 08:34:29 MST 2003

This smbfs patch for 2.4.20 worked for me (large file support for Windows
access, using samba).
I am also using Reiserfs 3.6 and had to upgrade to samba 3.0 and rebuild it
from source.
There is a 2.4.22 version listed here:

         http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~errror/smbfs-lfs.html

Remember, just becuase your kernel supports lfs, some of the distribution
packages may have to be compilied.

How are you trying to create the large files ?
What are you trying to do with the large files ?