[lug] Tape backup error

Jason Strnad jstrnad at mac.com
Sun Dec 28 19:58:57 MST 2003

The man page indicates that use of the hostname argument causes tar
(gnu tar anyway) to use 'rmt' to perform the network operations.  As an
'r' utility, i'd expect you it would use the same facilities you might
expect rsh (and similar) to use.  And hopefully those facilities have
been disabled for security reasons. <grin>

-jason