[lug] January BLUG is Hacking Society due to room unavailability

Chris Riddoch chris at syntacticsugar.org
Tue Jan 6 01:24:36 MST 2004

Hi, everyone.

Due to another group reserving all the rooms in the Law School
building for multiple days, and using the same rooms for equipment
storage in the evening, I was unable to get us a room in the Law
School for January's BLUG meeting.  On the other hand, I've reserved
rooms for us from February until August.

Instead of a meeting this month, I'd like to invite interested
individuals to Hacking Society, which meets at about 7:00ish at the
Cafe Sole in the shopping center behind the King Soopers' at Table
Mesa and Broadway.  Free wireless 'net access, good coffee.

I hope nobody's horribly offended by the lack of this meeting. I was
planning on talking about using audio in Linux, since I've done a lot
of audio manipulation for linguistics stuff, and since I now own a
Yamaha CLP-150 digital piano which can talk to various apps in Linux.
I also don't have the talk written yet, so I'll save the idea for a
future meeting.

I should've mentioned all this sooner, sorry.

--
epistemological humility
   - Chris Riddoch -