[lug] Installing XWindows

Michael Wegener mwegener at knowledgefactor.com
Fri Jan 9 15:03:05 MST 2004

Hi,

Is it possible/advisable to install x windows on a console-only box? I can't
seem to find any docs on this, which makes me wonder it it's too painful to
try. The reason I want to do this invloves a long trail of tears in trying
to get an existing web/app server to connect to a new Oracle9i db server, in
which the last recourse I can think of now before rebuilding the db box is
to upgrade the java JDK and drivers. Unfortunately, it seems that the JDK
assumes you are running a windows system on Linux.

Thanks,

--M
Michael

Michael Wegener, Director of Technology

Knowledge Factor

Information into Advantage

303-748-8313 Mobile

mwegener at knowledgefactor.net

www.knowledgefactor.net

This E-mail message and attachments are for the sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail,

---