[lug] recovering sudo w/o root

Michael Wegener mwegener at knowledgefactor.com
Wed Jan 14 11:31:05 MST 2004

Hi all,

I was in a rush adding a user to the sudoers file and stupidly forgot about
using visudo, tried to edit it directly, using "sudo u+w sudoers." Now,
every sudo call reports that the mode is wrong and exits. This would be no
problem if I had the root password, but the only person I know who *may*
have it (long story) is incommunicado. Is there any way out of this, or do I
have to hunt this person down? I know how to recover the root password, but
this machine is our only webserver right now.

--M
Michael

Michael Wegener, Director of Technology

Knowledge Factor

Information into Advantage

303-748-8313 Mobile

mwegener at knowledgefactor.net

www.knowledgefactor.net

This E-mail message and attachments are for the sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail,

---