[lug] OT LaTeX question

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:04:31 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 12:50, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> Slightly OT:
>
>  I'm writing a LaTeX Document (using the KOMA-Script class)
>  and try to include a table of content. I use the standard
>  \tableofcontents command that allway worked so far but all
>  a sudden the TOC doesn't make it into the document (the
>  'Content' heading actually shows up on the page).
>  My first guess was that the *.toc file doesn't get genrated
>  or is empty but that's not the case. The file is there and
>  has all the right entries.
>
>  Any ideas about what could be the cause of this?

Well, the thing I usually do is to comment out everything from
\tableofcontents to \begin{document}, bring them back one-by-one and see
if there is a conflict.  *Old* versions of fancybox have done this
before according to a web search:

% Problem FancyBox 1.0 <-> LaTeX 2e with the \fancyput macro
% The following line solve several problems in `fancybox' macros,
% but has the bad side effect to inhibit the table of contents generation.
% If you really need the TOC, try to comment next line and to recompile.
\newcount\c at tocdepth

See if fancybox.sty is around 1997. If that's not it...I'm stumped
(other than latex like 5 times and see if it works finally).

--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!
 Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/