[lug] any geforce4 ti series experience?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 14:36:31 MST 2004

I'm trying to replace a failing older GeForce256 DDR card (streaking and
bleaching), and having bad luck with LeadTek ti 4400 cards (nice prices
for bad hardware). The same computer works perfectly without even
changing config if I drop in a borrowed GeForce2 MX400 series card (and
except for bleaching/streaking the old card works too).

What I am seeing are artifacts in some text modes (on previous returned
card that arrived with frost on it from sitting in the cold delivery
truck it had noise/artifacts in every mode), and inability to reach
graphics modes for the most part. Win2k will work with extreme
noise/artifacts if 640x480 and 256 colors, but locks up and goes
completely dead in all other modes when using the LeadTek ti 4400 (this
is a replacement to the replacement). Everything I see on the web tells
me that the GeForce4 ti 4400 works on linux, that I am just having bad
luck with this particular hardware (2 in a row).

Can anyone here verify whether a GeForce4 ti 4400 (or relatives
4200/4600) work at all? Till I get this fixed the comp sits mostly idle.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net