[lug] any geforce4 ti series experience?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jan 15 23:24:41 MST 2004

On Thursday, Jan 15, 2004, at 21:02 America/Denver, D. Stimits wrote:
>> BUT, the 5200 is a floppy-cable card I think.  So, make sure you can
>> do
>> that.

What does this mean?

> I'm looking for AGP 4x slot, and I thought all of the FX series is 8x.
> I know that they are supposed to be backwards compatible, but the
> consensus seems to be that 8x in a 4x slot tends to generate extra
> heat and limit life. I do want speed, but it is not something I would
> pay too much for. The end of life for GeForce4 titanium products has
> left them at a much lower price, and many are available in 4x.
> Unfortunately, my last 2 LeadTek models are bad, and are also
> closeouts (no more in stock).

I'm WAY out of touch with video cards, but I'm pretty sure the card I
put in the Athlon machine I built earlier this year for home was a
GeForce 5200 and 4X.  I have no idea what this "floppy-cable" card
stuff is, but there's no cables coming off of this card going
anywhere...?

The box and packaging are upstairs in the office if someone needs me to
get more info...

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com