[lug] MythTV [WAS: any geforce4 ti series experience]

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 16 09:39:51 MST 2004

Nate Duehr wrote:

> On Thursday, Jan 15, 2004, at 16:27 America/Denver, John Hernandez wrote:
>
>> BTW, my experince with the Hauppague WinPVR 250 and MythTV has been
>> good so far.  I used the ATrpms packages.  Anyone else tried building
>> one of these?
>

> I'm planning on it "someday".  Have you tried KnopMyth just to see if
> it comes up and "just runs" as many claim they've done?

Not yet.  I would be VERY impressed if it didn't need at least a little
manual tweaking and optimization.  Once my RH9 release goes unsupported
(coming up in April), I will probably have a look at KnopMyth or Debian
repositories.  For the time being, the ATrpms maintainer is doing a
fantastic job of keeping fairly current (which is important at this
active stage of the MythTV project.)