[lug] Mozilla mail client misses messages?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 21 07:06:20 MST 2004

On Monday, Jan 19, 2004, at 16:34 America/Denver, Zan Lynx wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 16:27, Nate Duehr wrote:
> [snip]
>> Oh well... Mozilla/Netscape mailers are much more intelligent about
>> IMAP,
>> but they also take forever and a day to load... and a huge memory
>> footprint compared to Kmail.  :-)  Catch-22.
>>
>> And then of course, there's always mutt when you really want to go
>> fast!
>> ;-)
>
> You're just not using the fast enough hard drives.
>
> Put a SCSI Seagate 15k.3 in your workstation and load Mozilla.  gkrellm
> reports 15 MB/s read for 1 or 2 seconds and Fwoop, there it is!
>
> *grin*

Heh heh heh... touche'.  Good idea.  If you'll do the honors of
convincing my boss that I'm due for my first raise after a 30% pay-cut
over three years, I'll get right on that!

(No offense to those on the list who are job-hunting or still
job-hunting.  At least the economy is showing slows signs of
improvement... even my little medium-sized employer showed $0.05 EPS
over last quarter's $0.01.  Yay.  Buying RHEL is still out of the
question, though.  GRIN...)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com