[lug] port 220 progress

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 21 19:33:58 MST 2004

On Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004, at 19:00 America/Denver, D. Stimits wrote:
> I still plan to completely overhaul everything here, I really don't
> like all the problems I've had finding this. And someone out there is
> still spoofing me and I don't think I can do anything about it. I'm
> going to be reinstalling some machines in need of KRUD 9 anyway, maybe
> I'll test a Debian install on one as well. I'm thinking of also
> upgrading the bridge to use MAC addresses, and then in addition to MAC
> address filtering, having it *also* filter by IP.

You should definitely report this spoofing traffic to your ISP.  If
they were doing proper ingress and egress filtering, you'd never have
seen that spoofed address from anywhere other than your local LAN.
They should be aware that their configuration is allowing someone to do
this using your IP address.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com