[lug] port 220 progress

Jani Averbach jaa at jaa.iki.fi
Thu Jan 22 10:31:11 MST 2004

First of, thanks for D. Stimits about update info of topic, and secondly:

On 2004-01-21 19:47-0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:33:58 -0700
>
> I used to log all attempted accesses (which are dropped at the
> firewall), but I stopped just because there got to be too many.  Its
> just a ugly network full of malicous folks, and it all happens
> behind Comcast's back, so to speak.

I get a lots of various exploit-hits (ie. targeted to ISS) and most of
them are comming from attbi.com (current comcast.net?) network (I am
in *.speakeasy.net).

What do you think, should I report every one of them to comcast, or
just watch how my Apache and firewall logs grow?

Br, Jani

--
Jani Averbach