[lug] USB Mouse w/Debian

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 22 16:11:03 MST 2004

The Matt wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:18, Gary Hodges wrote:
>

>>At this point I'm guessing it must not be related to the XF86Config
>>file.  Maybe a missing kernel module?
>>

>The only one I can think of that isn't here is mousedev, but I thought a
>modprobe would grab that.  You could try a modprobe mousedev and see if
>it helps.

Ding ding ding...  We have a winner!  I don't get any errors now, but
all I have is a black screen.  Sound seems to be working though as it
plays a little tune.  It's an LCD which maybe makes things a bit
tougher.  I'm trying to install the NVIDIA driver now but it is
complaining about missing kernel header files.  Thought I just installed
them...  Oh well, I'll battle this for a bit more today and come back
tomorrow with some real questions.

Cheers,
Gary