[lug] Debian install

Paul E Condon pecondon at peakpeak.com
Thu Jan 22 20:12:11 MST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:41:22PM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:
> I'm going to install Debian on a machine that currently has SUSE 9.0
> installed.  I know Debian doesn't auto detect hardware and I'm wondering
> if there are current files I should look at and/or save to facilitate
> the Debian install?  The machine has an Nvidea card and LCD monitor.
> I've already saved the XF86Config file.
>
> Gary

Debian is now testing a major revision of its install system. You could
help with the test. I think what you need to know to help in the test
is available at their web site. You probably need to have a broadband
connection in order to download the latest version in a reasonable
amount of time.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at peakpeak.com