[lug] Debian install

Elizabeth Coolbaugh cool at lwn.net
Fri Jan 23 13:46:54 MST 2004

I've just finished playing with both Knoppix and Xandros, the new
"Corel".  Both are based on Debian, Knoppix is free and both did a
beautiful job of hardware detection on my machine.  Of course, a
data point of "one" is not useful scientifically :-), but the end
result is that I've got Debian installed and the process was
essentially painless.

Good luck!

Liz Coolbaugh
cool at lwn.net