[lug] Postfix and the latest MSTD

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Jan 27 23:59:15 MST 2004

Is anyone else running Postfix?  Have you set up your checks to
reject any message containing a .zip attachment?

I did... and now I'm getting an error message from Postfix on a
failed session for every attempted infection.  It's very annoying.
I'm fairly confident it's not a problem in my scripts since I
don't get this behavior when rejecting other types of attachments.

So I'm 99% certain this is just more proof of Quality Viral
Programming(tm) - it gets the 4xx code and shits all over the SMTP
connection drawing attention to itself.  But I'm not 100% certain
unless others reprt similiar experiences....