[lug] Telcom AIN Question

Wagner, Carl Carl.Wagner at Level3.com
Wed Jan 28 09:02:43 MST 2004

First question, how is this related to Linux?

Second question, do you have the Russell book?  (Travis Russell, Signaling System #7, by McGraw Hill)
(I don't personally do anything with AIN).

Carl.

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us]On Behalf Of Derek Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 6:54 PM
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: [lug] Telcom AIN Question

Hello I am in college doing research on the Signal System 7. My group was choose to focus on AIN. I have found out the definitions and some of the services that we get from it (ex: lnp, *69). My question is I can not really find out any of the nuts and bolts like the communication that goes from the database. What are the quires that it has. We have two full ss7 systems in one of our labs and the school is looking at getting a lot more equipment and we are trying to learn everything that we can on AIN. I am only a freshman and do not know to much about it but they gave this job to us because it is what I will be working with and I have to learn it. Any help that you guys can give will help thank you.

            Derek