[lug] apt-get errors

Paul E Condon pecondon at peakpeak.com
Fri Jan 30 08:48:07 MST 2004

Forgot to respond to second point in my earlier post...

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:47:09AM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:01:50PM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:
> >

> >Did your Woody install result in a system that passed some basic sanity
> >checks?
> >
> Not sure what you mean by sanity checks, but both the machines, while
> running woody, seemed to be operating as expected.

For instance, at the point where you have completed the install of Woody
use apt-get or aptitude to install some small package in Woody, just to
see the network install process work. I like to install the package 'most'.
It is, IMHO, a nice improvement on 'less' and 'more', and doesn't take
long to download.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at peakpeak.com