[lug] apt-get errors

Paul E Condon pecondon at peakpeak.com
Fri Jan 30 09:53:43 MST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:21:50AM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:
>

> >If it was the *first* use of apt-get update, in the sequence that I
> >outlined,
> >you were not sucessful in your install of Woody. You can save a lot of time
> >in debugging this, by not attempting to go on until you have Woody
> >correctly
> >installed.
> >

> Sorry, I misunderstood you.  "apt-get update" while running woody worked
> fine everytime.  It was only after the upgrade to sarge that I started
> having problems
>
> >Can you post your /etc/apt/sources.list files?

Suggestion that original install of Woody was messed up are clearly
contradicted by new data. Forget them.

It looks like your errors are all on non-US Sarge stuff. This
shouldn't be happening but the work around is easy:

Eliminate non-US lines from sources.list.

Changes in US Govt regulations allow export of cryptographic software
by organizations such as Debian, so all the crypto stuff is in the
main repository. Non-US is still useful for international distribution
of software that is patented in US but is legally distributable
elsewhere, but you probably don't want to go there, so don't.

Also there is a mirror at cudenver that might be useful locally.

Hope this gets you on your way,

Paul

--
Paul E Condon