[lug] Local Source for Orinoco Wireless Card

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Sun Feb 1 12:44:23 MST 2004

FYI - I have started using an ATMEL based card with flip-up antennas
and have
come to love it.  It is very stable (no problems, no matter what the
network
load is) and has excellent range.  I can see networks from over a block
away.

The atmel driver provides a nice wlan configuration, network scanning,
... utility, called lvnet.

The card model is Asante Aerolan AL 1511.

You gotta love Linux - I just pulled the card out to read the model
number -
while listening to a real-audio radio station, lots of shells open,
openvpn
tunnel open, ...
After sticking the card back in and running my configure script it all
came
back without a hitch :)

Ferdinand

--On Friday, January 30, 2004 07:44:16 AM -0700 Crawford Rainwater