[lug] Online filesystem resizing with JFS

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Feb 7 16:34:04 MST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:15:05AM -0700, Rob Riggs wrote:
>With JFS, online resizing is as simple as: mount -o remount,resize
>/mount_point

Wow, I was not aware that they had implemented that.  We've been using
JFS a lot lately, and it's been working extremely well.  Lack of online
resize is most of the reason that I haven't been using LVM more in
deployments.  It looks like this is going to change, particularly as
Fedora makes LVM and JFS installs easy.

Online resize is one of the things that has sorely been missing from
base Linux systems.

Sean
--
 "No more rhymes now, I mean it!"  "Anybody want a peanut?"
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/