[lug] Call for book reviews

Chris Riddoch chris-blug at syntacticsugar.org
Sun Feb 8 16:38:23 MST 2004

Hi, folks.

This is just a friendly reminder that if you write book reviews and
post them on the BLUG Wiki, your chance of getting a book in the
monthly raffle is substantially greater.  If you've written a review,
you'll be only competing with others who've done a review for the
first selection.  After that, everyone in the room's got a chance.

Now for the bribery: Prentice Hall/Addison Wesley sent us a copy of
the updated Unix Network Programming, Vol. 1.  It sells in bookstores
for $70, and is worth every penny.  If you're looking for the
definitive resource on networking APIs in Linux, this is the book you
want.

And it'll most likely get picked up by someone who's done a book
review.  I'll check the Wiki at the meeting, so you have until this
Thursday at 7:00 P.M. to write your reviews.

Any computer book published in the last year (or so) can count, you
don't necessarily have to have acquired it from BLUG.  And remember:
the more books reviewed, the more the publishers like us, and the more
books I get to give away at the monthly meetings.

(And the more likely I'll need help getting to the meetings.  Carrying
a few books on the bus works, but past about five, vehicles are very
useful.)

--
epistemological humility
   - Chris Riddoch -