[lug] Graph Drawing Software

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 00:42:20 MST 2004

Zichary O`Tea wrote:

> I'm looking for something that will draw Graphs -- the edges and vertices
> variety, not bar graphs or anything.
>
> It would be very nice if I could get feed it soem lines describing edges a
> vertices and have it do some hip pretty printing and have that be that.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> _

This is going to surprise you I think. I use POVray for exactltly this
purpose. The down side is that typically you create files, then the
files are rendered, it isn't real time. Maybe it even does more than you
expect, it is capable of photo-realistic rendering, and the graphs have
no logic of their own in POVray, you must create the logic to output the
POVray file.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net