Inaccurate subject: Re: [lug] GROKLAW- SCO Drops Linux Claims

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Wed Feb 11 09:35:59 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:37, Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2004, at 2:40 PM, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> > In the future, Crawford, could you try to check the accuracy of things
> > you forward, and provide a little more than just a link?  The briefest
> > summaries will almost always be deceptively inaccurate.
>
> Heh, even the "professional journalists" don't seem to do that much
> these days.
>
> Crawford has a future in headline writing!  ;-)
>
> Seriously though, thanks for posting the story -- I have a friend who's
> a Groklaw junkie, but I can't afford to spend as much time there as he
> does.  The heads up (even if a little optimistic) was appreciated!
> It's entertaining to watch SCO start to squirm.

Actually, as noted Chris, it is a forward from the Atlanta LUG (ALE).  I
was in the process of reading and breaking out my legalese-English
translation matrix dictionary before I got interrupted and had to side
bench it.  Otherwise I would have been able to give a better summary of
the whole scoop there, which if anyone has read through "all" of it,
there is quite a bit.

My apologies on the title not being completely accurate for the FW'ing.

--- Crawford